For those companies looking to modernize their controls to FactoryTalk View SE, the new software supports the import and reuse of components from RSView32 projects, including graphic displays, animated objects, text, tags, expression, and macros to better streamline the conversion process.
In addition to sharing features of RSView32, FactoryTalk View SE also provides additional functionality and advantages, including:
- Integration with the Logix family of controllers.
- Alarm management with FactoryTalk Alarms and Events.
- Support for mobile users with FactoryTalk ViewPoint.
- Integration with ThinManager® thin client management software.
- Integration with FactoryTalk AssetCentre for asset management.
- Improved security using Windows domain users and groups.
- Improved audit trails, electronic signatures, and regulatory compliance, including 21 CFR Part 11.
- Built-in redundancy features and configurable to run in a redundant pair on both active and standby computers.
Let's Discuss Your Conversion Project
Overall, end-users and OEMs modernizing their systems to FactoryTalk View SE will receive continued system support from Rockwell and Systems Integrators, while also taking advantage of improved system security, reliability, and integration with modern Rockwell Automation hardware components.
To talk with an experienced Process Solutions engineer about modernizing your systems to FactoryTalk View SE, please contact us at https://www.processsolutions.com/contact-us/. Additionally, to learn more about the advantages, modernization considerations, and conversion procedures of FactoryTalk View SE, please reference the Rockwell Automation: RSView32 to FactoryTalk View SE Modernization PDF hosted on the Rockwell Automation website.